Friday, February 8, 2008

Test application is out

Hi

Due to the lack of a good source to what FunFX is able to to and how to do it, I have created a test application, which is located at http://funfx.rubyforge.org/Flex/FlexObjectTest/FlexObjectTest.html
, the source is found at http://funfx.rubyforge.org/Flex/FlexObjectTest/srcview/.

This application contains many of the available display objects in the Flex language, and all display objects have related FunFX tests at http://funfx.rubyforge.org/FunFXTests/.

I hope this application will make it easier to understand FunFX and also be a knowledge base where we can exchange knowledge on how to test different controls.

I hope everybody can contribute with sample code that is either difficult to test and you have tests written for this code, so that other people can learn. Or if you simply have code that you are not able to test, then others can help test the code.

In this way, FunFX would be able to get better much faster.

The test application and tests are under svn control at Rubyforge, but there is no automatic roll out, so I have also created an email funfx.tests at gmail.com, which could be used to contribute with code or tests.

(Please add the word FunFX in the subject so I can sort the mail efficiently.)

I hope this helps!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you sooooooo much. This is exactly what I needed.

Unknown said...

Could you please post your FB project so those of us trying to setup our projects can see what you did? I am able to run a test against the test application, but not yet against my app.

Unknown said...

subscribing to followups

Neil Curzon said...

Great job Peter, the test app looks nice. To Michael: If you post the errors you're encountering, it might be easier to help you.

Unknown said...

They were posted on the email list. I have since gotten past the initial issue by building the swc from source. But, have a new issue.

I can now find a button in my app, which I hope means things are better. But, the click event does not appear to be working.

I thought I saw something on how to access the application object but now I can not find it.

Peter Motzfeldt said...

I am glad you like it. Hope this improves the understanding, the other documentation is more or less not existing :-)

Michael: I have responded on the mailinglist, but now I see you have been able to find the objects. Please post you Flex code and test code, to either the mailinglist or here, and we will figure it out together.

Unknown said...

Peter,
In one of your posts you said that you will Post on "how to access custom objects" through FunFx.

For testing Flex applications, this is the biggest constraint for me. I have no idea how to change AutomationGenericEnv.xml or Gem file for integrating custom objects.

Please provide a detail post on this,I think i speak for many..
Thanks.

Peter Motzfeldt said...

Hi Shiiraz

Thanks for remminding me, I will try to to that one of the next days :-)