Monday, June 23, 2008

Automation.swc locks application

Hi, I had a strange problem at work last week. The problem was when I added automation.swc and automation_agent.swc to a new project I am working on, all controls was lokced. I was not able to click on any objects. But as soon as I removed the swc files, everything worked great.

I did not have the time to take a closer look at the problem until today. And searched flexcoders (a great group by the way for information about Flex and Actionscript), to see if anyone else been through the same thing. And what do you know :-) At this post, I got to this site.

The problem seems to be that if you have an invisible container of some sort that overlaps other containers, that container will steal all the focus from any other container.

The solution to this problem is to add an eventlistener to the stage to be able to locate the container. And when you have discovered the container, add mouseEnabled="false" to it. Then everything should be working!

No comments: